Howdy dear friends!! I was nominated by the lovely Shabri over at A Door to My Life Blog for the Mystery Blogger award. Thank you Shabri!! You have totally made my day. Oh the magic of opening the blog to find this surprise waiting!!! Thank you for blowing pixie dust all over my blog pages!!
MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD:
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” Created by: Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog. List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Myself:
- I play classical piano and accompany for singers. This is how I made extra spending money back in my college days.
- When I was in high school, I studied the Polish language…I love the sound of it!
- I have always wanted to ride a river raft through the Grand Canyon in Arizona.
Whats the reasons behind your blog’s name? Hub City is the closest city to where I grew up and currently live. When I was growing up, we lived in the country and would take a trip into “town,” aka Hub City. Now, I live in a small town with just a gas station and little restaurant, so I still take trips into Hub City. Hub City is known for our very own 274 ft skyscraper and a blue dome (of sky). The sun is hotter, the wind is windier, and everything’s bigger than bigger here.
Would you go a month without pizza or would you go a month without chocolate ? why ? Oh my how do you even begin to choose?! I love both so much that grrrr….the choice is almost impossible. As deliciously cheesy as pizza is (and I love cheese), I’ll probably have to go with chocolate. I just don’t know if I could do without chocolate kisses, chocolate TWIX, chocolate musketeers, and chocolate fudge for more than a month…Drooling already!
When did you start to love yourself more ? how? When I realized that no matter how hard I tried, there would always be someone “better” or “prettier” than me. I remember looking at picture after picture of famous actresses and wishing I could look like them. That’s when it hit me. If these famous actresses all tried to be like someone else, like I was wishing to be like them, they wouldn’t be their beautiful selves. There will always be someone I can compare myself to and say they are better or prettier. I just need to be lil ole me! Also, when I started helping and investing in other people, that’s when I felt the most fulfillment.
If you could have one super power for a week what would it be except for reading peoples mind and being invisible and why ? I would be Wonderwoman if I could. Oh how I wish I could be Wonderwoman. The things you could do with the power to fly!
Questions for My Nominees:
- If you could change your first name, what would it be and why?
- If you were given a million dollars today, how would you spend it?
- What is your most favorite thing about your blog?
- What gives you the greatest adrenaline rush?
- If animals could talk, which animal would be the most entertaining to listen to?
My Nominees and Why You’re a Nominee: The following bloggers I have nominated are beautiful bloggers and work to consistently produce exclusive and lovely content. They are good at what they write about…Please go and read the pages of their blog!! They are all personable people and would love to have you drop by for a visit.
Simply Thriving –Organization, Gardening and Clothing Hacks
My Country Epoque –Beautiful life in the UK
The Pink Shoe Girl –Target finds and clothing hauls
Tails Around the Ranch –this pooch’s tales will leave you a smile every day 🙂
Refining Cotten –Thrifting store hacks
Hannah Rose –classy life as a college student
Life as Mom –life wisdom and experience
Simply by Simone –style and fashion galore
Southern Belle in Training–unique for being both a radio personality & fashion blogger
RoRo K Designs –Beautiful fashion for everyone and clothing hauls
Blogger from the Bronx –life stories from the Bronx
Mama Eats Plants –Mama does eat plants…and yummy, too! yummy recipes and kitchen storage tips
I’d Rather Be in Disneyworld –Who wouldn’t rather be in Disneyworld??
Best Posts: Stop by, hang your hat, and visit some of the following posts. They are helpful and best represent what life is like out here in my little small town world!
Hub City Girl
FTC: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.